Lesson fees are pre-paid and due the first day of each month. (excluding students who start mid-month.)
- Invoices will be emailed 7 days before the 1st of the month, students will have an opportunity to make adjustments as needed.
- Payments are due on the 1st of the month.
- A past-due reminder gets emailed on the 5th of the month
- On the 10th of the month a $10 late fee is added.
Payment methods include:
- Automatic E Transfer
- post-dated cheques
- Credit Card through the MMS platform.
Fall semester 2022
- Lessons run weekly from September 7th to December 17th,
- Students must register
- No Lessons: Thanksgiving (Monday Oct 11th), Students may opt-in for lessons that day if they wish and the teacher is available.
*No lessons scheduled: Christmas Break: December 17 to January 2, 2022*
Winter Semester 2022
- Lessons run weekly from January 3rd to March 20th,
- Previous students automatically enrolled
- Optional lesson day Monday February 21 (Family Day)
*No lessons scheduled: spring break March 21st to April 3rd *
- Lessons run weekly from April 4th to June 26th, 2022
- Previous students automatically enrolled
- No lessons Good Friday (Friday April 15), Easter Sunday(Sunday, April 17) or Easter Monday (Monday April 18)
*Summer Break from June 27 to September 4*
- Lessons run weekly from July 5 to August 2.
- Students must ‘Opt-in’ and register for summer lessons.
General Schedule Notes
- If at some point students decide to stop lessons altogether, we require 4 lessons notice before your planned withdrawal. Payment is required up to the withdrawal date.
- Students can opt-in for all holidays pending teachers’ availability.
- Students must advise of any planned vacations within a reasonable time frame (4-6 weeks). Unscheduled vacations are lots of fun, but a make-up lesson will be required, to make sure our education stays on track.
- Working with an in-home lesson system can be a bit complex when it comes to scheduling and logistics. We will do our best to run our schedules as tightly as possible, but we are also willing to stay late if a student is just in the middle of grasping a concept and sometimes traffic can play a huge factor. As such we ask that you please allow a 10 minute grace period before and after scheduled lesson times. Regardless of the start time, we will always teach the full lesson.
- We know that life gets busy for everyone, that’s why it’s a good idea to lay the groundwork to build healthy expectations. We are willing to be flexible and adaptable to most circumstances but this is a good starting point to make sure that everyone’s interests are served.
- We require 24 hours notice for any student cancellation to be eligible for a make-up lesson. However, when it comes to illness we’d rather be safe than sorry, if a student is ill and the cancellation is within 24 hours we’ll do our best to accommodate.
- The final Sunday of every month will be designated as a “make-up lesson day.” This will ensure students get an opportunity to make up any lessons they have missed without putting too much strain on our teachers and their schedules.
- Make up lesson days:
- Sunday Sept 26,
- Sunday Oct 24,
- Sunday Nov 28,
- Sunday Dec 19,
- Sunday Jan 30,
- Sunday Feb 27,
- Sunday March 27,
- Sunday April 24,
- Sunday May 29,
- Sunday June 26
- Some teachers may not be available for designated makeup days in which case another day will be arranged and presented for makeups each month.
- If you are unable to make an official makeup day, please let us know as our teachers are able to accommodate, however it is important to note that make ups expire after 60 days.
- We believe in hiring instructors who are active musicians in the community. Touring, out-of-town gigs, or their own schooling may be an unavoidable consequence of this lifestyle. Instructor-cancelled sessions will always be given 24 hour notice (except in cases of illness). If an instructor cannot make a lesson, we will offer a few options:
- A substitute teacher will attend the agreed upon lesson time.
- A makeup lesson will be scheduled either for an official make-up lesson day or at a mutually agreed-upon time between you and the instructor.
- A lesson credit will come to you.
- Depending on the interest level of students, bi-annual recitals will be offered for students to showcase what they’ve been working on and get some experience performing in front of crowds. Other events will include more casual drop-in/listening party days to try different instruments, showcase their own performances or music they enjoy and meet other students. Details will be provided throughout the year.
- Students will also be given the opportunity to record performance videos. These can be solos, playing-along with their favorite artists, performing a duet with their teacher or improvising over pre-recorded backing tracks. As part of our service, we are able to record high quality video and post it to our Youtube Channel.
*Lesson Payment will be considered agreement to these policies